Monday, August 20, 2007

The Devil Wears Prada

Yes, another "chick-flick," but it was actually good and satisfying--it makes people feel good about themselves at the end. At the same time, I am not so happy with the movie, precisely because of the same reason--they made the whole movie a suck-up to general public.

The movie was good in that it showed me a world people envy. It takes us to the world that we only dream of, have all the fun, and at the end, make a stupid excuse about being good with where we are. While this does help people be happy with their lives, I don't like the fact that in the process, they downplay those who actually work their ass off for that something superficial, called fashion. Although I do keep myself on one side of the line, I do think there is more than just "looking good, be super-expensive, and be stupid" to fashion leaders. They are a form of art, and they drive the evolution (or revolution, if you will) in its own area. We are all enjoying the benefit from those fashion designers--whether we know it or not--and I think we should appreciate it, instead of making fun of it at the end, and say bye-bye cold heartedly.

Saying all this doesn't mean I chase designer brands around, wasting my precious money on them. If I were a rich, single man--which I hope to be before I get married--I would go out and buy those brands. But I just started earning money, and I still have tons to pay off. So, until that day, they'll just serve as inspiration for my clothing choices... Hope you don't use so much money on them, thinking they are "da shiz," like someone I know...


Some of Anne's outfits were... just too much. And it seemed like
they really wanted to show her big rack shacking
while she was running around, which was quite alot... -. -

1 comment:

Doc said...

I shamelessly say that I enjoyed her outfit and I enjoyed her running (...)