Friday, April 10, 2009

Shadow of the Colossus, the Movie



I don't know if you've heard, but there's a quite a stir among gamers cause of a news from Sony: they're making a movie out of Shadow of the Colossus! If you're thinking 'How dare you, Sony?!' or 'That's impossible!', than you're on the same page.

Here's what I think:

I think it'll make a good movie. If, and only if, it were created by some revered Japanese director, supported by top of the line Hollywood special effects studios. I say this because some of the greatest Japanese movies has alot in common with the game; they're quiet, has minimal dialogues, and tone is so calm and subtle. The game, too, has very small amount of dialogues or narrations. And out of that quietness comes touching stories.

I am generally happy to see more games turned into movies. I think that as more games gets translated into movies, the better those movies will become. Going to watch those movies myself is another story. Anyways, with this one, I am worried, and rightfully so; the one holding the pen for this movie is none other than the same writer behind the epic-failure, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.

(Que Psycho sound effect.)

Now you can freak out.

No comments: