Monday, March 24, 2008

In Treatment

I'm not sure what you think about receiving psychological therapy... you know, the one where you sit down with a stranger and start talking about the most intimate thing you've never told even to your partner of the life. But I've been thinking that it's actually really good and healthy for you, as long as the therapy maintains a great personality.

I'm not sure where I've read about this first, but today, I came across a little blog post about a recent HBO special titled In Treatment. You can actually watch it free online. With overwhelming charisma, the therapist has an hour long session with each of his patients... and goodness, it's worth every second. Please, do go watch it... I think it'll be of a lot of help to you.

While watching the show, while being sucked into other people's problems and the calm and wisdom-loaded response of Paul the therapist, I was hit by a tiny fact that everything they talk about.. they're actually very small things, somethings that you and I could be talking about, given a chance and a set of open hearts. The fact that we pay a stranger just so we can talk to them about our problem makes me think that this world has become a such complex and crowded place that, as one of my favorite movie, Crash, appropriately puts, we've come to "miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other just so we can feel something."

It's a sad reality we live in.

No comments: