Monday, March 31, 2008

Something More Than Just "Game"

I'm starting this post to keep track of any discussions on Interactive Storytelling which is certainly an area more than worthy of deep, academic study. I'm starting with 1UP Yours podcast, because this topic keeps coming up repeatedly, making me think that there really is something to this topic.

List of 1UP Yours discussion on interactive storytelling within todays games:

  1. 12/21/2007 1:18:17
    Jeff Cannata: "I think the story of BioShock progressed the medium of videogames. I think it's as close to art as we've gotten in videogames. It's an experience that can only be communicated to you in an interactive medium. ... and it's because I was participating in the story. ... and this is the only entertainment medium where I am an active participant."
  2. 3/21/2008 54:00
  3. 3/28/2008 1:50:00, 1:54:17
    Shane: "Resident Evil ... the storytelling, not its strong point. ...compared to actual good story, Resident Evil does not have one."

No comments: