Monday, June 4, 2007

Alizée - J'en Ai Marre!

Live Version

This is the song that World of Warcraft's female Night Elf character's dance came from, as I've learned from this video.

Alizée Jacotey, born in 1984, is a very attractive, French singer who prefers dancing over singing. As such, her songs are more appropriate for dancing than singing, but the fancy and upbeat mix of pop and electronic tunes was more than enough to grab my attention. So, even though I don't like dancing, I've been listening to this song for awhile now.

I have to confess, until now, I haven't thought about listening to French songs at all. All my music world derived from Korea, Japan, and the States. But listening to this song makes me think how much I am missing. To be honest, I seem to like European songs over the American songs, mostly because here, Hip-hop is da shiz, where as electronic is more popular in Europe. And I like electronic way more than hip-hop.

So, how do you like it?

No comments: